Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT computer inputs diagram? got one?

petespipes

petespipes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 3.8 5sp
I have a VT v6 auto sitting out of the car [was a wreck] and I want to run the engine to check its condition before using it in an older body.

Obviously this can be done as these motors are fitted to cars from EH to Hilux.

The question is-How to trick the computer to make it happy to run without a body control module or a VT ignition/key etc.

The engine and box are complete with the full computer loom and computer bur no dash loom or fusebox.I have a seperately wired fuel pump.Fuel is supplied OK but there isa no spark when cranking.

I am aware of 1001 things that could stop the computer from allowing spark and am certainly not interested in hearing them all one by one [ie put gear selector in park]

I am hoping someone who uses this site actually knows the tricks to do this,Its certainly worth a carton to me.Please help?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the vehicle antitheft system is stopping spark, you need to wire up the BCM & remote key from the original donor car or have a memcal written with the VATS deleted.

Rob