Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Coupe Concept replica - has anyone done one?

Naimad77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Long time lurker first time poster! Inching closer to my 'great project car' and one idea I can't escape is to buy a V2 Monaro and turn it in to a replica of the original concept. May start with just the VT bits and then at a later stage look at paint and interior trim. Seems like a pretty easy job for not a lot of $$ and was wondering if this has been done before and if so some photos?

I've trawled the forums and found a few different pics (eg VX lights and garnish on Monaro) but haven't spotted an attempt at a full replica of the original concept.

Other ideas I'd be interested in seeing if someone can point me to pics would be:

WH Statesman nose fitted to a Monaro;
Monaro nose on a Statesman (plenty of utes, sedans and wagons but can't recall ever spotting a Monaro nose on a WH) - How good would a Hothouse green or Devil Yellow Staty look with Monaro nose?
VY SS nose on a Monaro?
VX SS nose on a Monaro?

I think I've gathered most/enough tech info mainly just chasing pics if this has been done before. Cheers

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
There was a bloke on here a couple of years back, started with a V2 and but a VT SS kit on it. Looked the part for sure. Have a search you should find his thread.

Naimad77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Thanks Sandman. I think I've seen that thread - it was red?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Think so but it was a while back so not 100%.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I remember that thread, definitely search.

Naimad77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Yes I remember a red one from WA. Only effort I've ever seen though. Surely someone has bolted a Statesman front to a Monaro and vice versa?

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
There is a thread on another forum detailing the build up of the red VT concept replica.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
A standard WH Statesman/Caprice nosecone will go on a Monaro with very little issues at all (just need the Statesman bonnet and grille to go with it) but personally I could not imagine an uglier thing to ruin a poor Monaro... It would be an offense to everyone who was unfortunate enough to lay eyes on it.

In the reverse scenario, I once test fitted a Monaro front bumper onto my WH for laughs and it does bolt on ok. But looked a bit weird...

I think you would be better off sourcing a WL Grange front bumper, bonnet and guards/lights as that would at least look more menacing on the front of a Monaro.

Naimad77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
.......the thing is i'm surprised that it hasn't been done (or done enough times) that photos are around. A LWD Monaro (Statesman with Monaro nose) would be an interesting beast (especially in a Monaro colour like Hothouse) and a Monaro with a Statesman front would be interesting to see.....would remind me a bit of yank cars from the 80s and 90s...