Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Crank Trigger

RR99

Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE VT
Has anyone successfully fitted and got working a DISTRIBUTORLESS IGNITION on a 5Litre VT ? I see the trigger wheels are available online but I don't yet have a spare engine out of the car to check alignment and sensor bracket etc. I am trying to COMPLETELY REMOVE or just bypass the distributor ! And the next question is what programmable electronics to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Someone does an LS PCM conversion for the 5 litre motor. I believe you can do it with a Haltech and custom wiring loom but I'm not sure what they use for crank triggers. There are some custom jobs out there if you are interested in going that way.

RR99

Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE VT
Someone does an LS PCM conversion for the 5 litre motor. I believe you can do it with a Haltech and custom wiring loom but I'm not sure what they use for crank triggers. There are some custom jobs out there if you are interested in going that way.
Thanks for your reply, the trigger mount I want to work out First with clearance etc !

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don't know of any off the shelf crank triggers to suit a Holden 304. There are some universal ones from the likes of MSD or you will need to fabricate your own.

If you are looking for something to copy see

You can also buy pre-made trigger wheels that just need to be machined to suit your balancer,

But it's all custom work

Reactions: Lex