Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT cranks but wont start after engine rebuild

Axomecanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT Executive S1
I just recently took apart my engine in my Holden Commodore VT V6 1998 executive sedan the engine cranks over (slowly and inconsistently) but won't start! (Only stripped it down to redo the Head gaskets, didn't take off timing cover or anything to do with that)
I've tried 3 different batteries, Making the Grounds good, Checking spark and checking fuel (All good including having fuel), Checking all fuses (there all good), Putting "Start ya bastard" in the intake but the bastard still won't start!

I took the Rocker cover off to check if everything was okay and when i cranked it over it looks like only a couple of the push rods are doing anything :S (May be because of slow crank??? or have i done something wrong??), i put the push rods back into the correct holes and everything, made sure rockers were at correct torque but I'm just stuck.... PLEASE HELP I'm in desperate need any suggestions welcome! :)

(I'm not that experienced, only really starting out in the auto industry but had a pretty good idea of what i was doing, but now in desperate need)

Axomecanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT Executive S1
Found the problem, the Rocker plate was upside down, My Girlfriend put them in the wrong way, could have swore i checked them
Also was a rooted starter motor AND the negative wiring loom was rooted asweel replaced with 0 guage wire and new battery terminals and everything now she runs like a beast :)