Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt cutting out when slowing down any ideas?

A.C.COOKIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 93
Hi all I have a mate who has been having a bit of a problem in his vt,
firstly after 2 weeks of owning his car the engine died and needing replacment,
long story short the engine was replaced with a decent secondhand he
works remote so he drove to work no problems but he was heading back a couple of
hours ago and his car dies and hes now stuck on the highway.

The syptoms are pretty straight forward drives well but when he slows down then goes to
speed up again he gets a clunk in the auto then the engine dies but then it will start back
up with the turn of a key, now I dont have the car in front of me and he is 3 to 4 hours north
so I can tdo a code check, would anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this
or anyone have the same problem and what was it?

looking forward to hearing from someone on this matter, cheers in
advance Aaron

Sizzle87

ARGH!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais SC II
Supporting bracket on top of alternator could be in wrong way. Check for shortage on the rubber cover (melted bits) and remove if necessary.

jughead1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Executive
Ask your mate to check the hose from the air box to the throttle body. Ours came loose and had the same symptoms - ran well when accelerating or in neutral/park, but kept stalling when driving and I took my foot off the accelerator.

A.C.COOKIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 93
Hey cheers man I told him to go over his airlines etc he made contact last night recons that after it did it a few times it stopped playing up but I told him to go over it all reset the comp and then take it for a drive again and see what codes get logged, you see he never cleared his comp after the change so the computer would still be alittle confused by logged codes that are no longer a problem so I will keep you informed.
Once again cheers guys