Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt cv drive shafts drive axles how to remove and install

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
How would i go about getting the new ones back in if i have to pry the old ones out
The same way, put one end in, and then gently manipulate it so you can slide the ball in. Might need to get a prybar in there then slide it up the prybar. Or a big flat screwdriver. The hub location to the diff also dictates how it's going to go in. Just a bit of playing around to get it right.

Jeff Piha

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VXCommodore Executive
Hi, I've just replaced my left hand CV axle with the new condensed version that extends when you pull on it {part number NSA812N}But I can't get it to reach the wheel end - it won't extend any longer. It is a recomended part for my VX Commodore series 2 and it cost me $435!!! I recently had replaced the original axle with a second hand one which turned out to be stuffed too - which was ashame since it was only $80.
Is there a trick to get both ends to meet flush or has some one made a right f... up? The gaps about 5mm.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I have a funny feeling you have the wrong size.

Iirc the last time I replaced it, the were 2 lengths available. This was at Repco and was maybe 5 years ago

Jeff Piha

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VXCommodore Executive
Cheers, funny feeling indeed! This was repco too.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Give them a ring and just enquire as a new customer is there are 2 lengths available. If so get the length measurements so you can compare