Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt dash trying to take apart

98vtberinla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
hi im trying to put in a new vdo dail and ive got to take the facsa off dont know how to spell it,anyway
ive got a berlina so ive got power windows and the power window switch has to come out to get the center console peice out so i then can get the radio and speedo surrund out to get to the cluster.so the problem is the power window switch where you pry it out a little with a flathead screw driver and it sits up a bit and then you push in on those 2 tabs at the front of the switch and you should be able to lift it out ,those two tabs have been completly snapped off.so i can get it out about one centimetre and the its stuck {ive already chiped off a bit of the side} i dont know if i should rip it out and risk smashing it or if theres something im missing or something i can do
any help would be great thanks

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
ive always gripped the part just behind then gear shift lever.. and pry that up... it should bring the power window switches up with it.. u can then get ur hands undeerneath to disconnect the power windows... from there theres 2 screws (depepnding on what the bottom of the stereo bit looks like..) in the ash tray ciggie lighter sections then it all comes off..

the top section the screws are easily visible thenit also just comes off

98vtberinla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
yea but i bring it up like that and its stuck cant come out any further and thats where those tabs r but on myn they have snapped off