Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT] Did I bugger my HVAC or just blew fuse?

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I was attempting the full blue LED conversion to my car and used the lights that came in this package BLUE full LED conversion kit dash HVAC Commodore VT VX | eBay

Anyway I attatched them to the unit replacing the old lights I plug it all in and they shine fine.. few seconds later they turn off and smoke comes out from behind unit...was then stuck on just the demisting of window setting for ages until a few restarts of the car...

Lights for the AC and rear demist work fine but none of the other lights they all seemed to have blown at once? Do you think the fuse for the unit blew, I ####ed my unit or i just need new globes again?

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think its ####ed, just my opinon :s

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
maybe check the fuse and globes first and then ask the question again, we cant look at them for you

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well dunno about checking the globes as dont really have anything to test them with, which fuse would it be do you think? Rembmer the demist and ac lights still work just not the ones with knobs...

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
any idea which fuse it may be?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Given the smoke that appeared sounds like it's shorted out somewhere. Check the relevant fuses and replace blown ones. If this doesn't work then obviously the globes are blown. If the new fuse(s) blow then you check the wiring again. Failing that try an auto electrician :)