Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT diff on VS Ute

HADZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs holden ute
Hey guys just wondering if I can run a VT ss lsd diff in my vs Ute and what do I need to do too do the swap thanks

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Id doubt it wont the vs be a live axle and the VT ss independent. Don't think a factory lsd is going to do much.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
If you want LSD and don't have it, you'd be better off fitting an aftermarket centre to the diff you have.
Depending on how you drive a shimmed standard Holden LSD may suffice.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It depends.

VS Ute will have a live axle WB78 diff, 0575 gear set with 0578 4 spider centre.

There are a few different possibilities for the VT. Series 1 VT SS will have IRS but the diff will still run 0575 gears and 0578 4 pinion centre which will fit in the earlier VN-VS diffs however the series 2 VT SS will have the LS engine which will have the BW80 series diff where nothing is interchangeable with the earlier models internally however the M80 will bolt into a VP-VS IRS car as a complete unit.

As mentioned earlier, chances are the factory LSD will most likely be worn out but these are definitely rebuildable and done right can go reasonably well. There are various options out there for replacements.