Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt diffs

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
hey,
so i have a vt s1 open centre with 3.08 gears thats manual.

im looking at geting a vt s2 diff with 3.07 out of a ss auto.

now how bad will the 0.01 gears play with my speedo??

and whats the go with the driveaxel? picked this out of another thread by holden boy

"you can put a vx diff in vt or vt in vx you just need the same drive shaft as the diff you are putting in as the vx and vt have diffrent mounts for the drive shaft .
the vt has solid universal joints ( stronger but noiser ) the vx onwards has the rubber mounts ( makes nice and smooth )"

will my shaft still fit the ss diff or a new shaft as well??

gogi108

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais l67
speedo difference will be stuff all , have u seen the s2 diff , itr'll most likely be the same

cheers

arj127

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
VT ii diff will be the same as VT. Difference in ratio will not even be noticeable. Got a 3.07 in my VT ii now, still reads pretty much the same on speedo, and speedo is close as to the GPS units speed

Pretty sure VX is the same diff also, as long as it doesn't have the rubber bits on the driveshaft flange

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
307 is pretty good
hey,
so i have a vt s1 open centre with 3.08 gears thats manual.

im looking at geting a vt s2 diff with 3.07 out of a ss auto.

now how bad will the 0.01 gears play with my speedo??

and whats the go with the driveaxel? picked this out of another thread by holden boy

"you can put a vx diff in vt or vt in vx you just need the same drive shaft as the diff you are putting in as the vx and vt have diffrent mounts for the drive shaft .
the vt has solid universal joints ( stronger but noiser ) the vx onwards has the rubber mounts ( makes nice and smooth )"

will my shaft still fit the ss diff or a new shaft as well??