Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Door Lock Jammed Down - URGENT!!!

Discussion in 'VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002)' started by dvlgrl, Jan 28, 2010.

1. dvlgrl

dvlgrl New Member

Members Ride:
    VT Executive S1
    Hey ya guys and gals,

Just after a little help, I've searched and though I've come across many similar problems there seems to be no clear answer.

Issue being - Front Passenger door lock is down and won't move... So can't take the door skin off to see if the actuator is screwed, or that the metal pin is jammed/fouling, because I can't get the bloody door open.

I'm assuming that it's somehow deadlocked itself, I've tried manually unlocking the doors plus using the remote. No dice. I've also looked at the orange tab in the lock and it's not fouling at all. (There's about 5-10mm of play in the lock before it jams).

The other thing is when the central locking is used, that door lock does try to open, you can see it move slightly but it's stuck on something.

We're driving home (approx 3,000km) on Sunday and this needs to be fixed, can't Dukes of Hazard it all the way across the country!

Soooooo..... HELP! lol.

Thanks in advance!

Estelle

2. lout

lout Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VX Executive S2
    try having someone pull up on the button as you unlock with remote. other wise you may have to cut a hole in your door trim

3. Rolla_Rolla'

Rolla_Rolla' New Member

Members Ride:
    Ke30 Rolla'
    Try using the key to manually open it ?

4. dvlgrl

dvlgrl New Member

Members Ride:
    VT Executive S1
    ok, it was the passenger door, trying to bully it open didn't work. Ended up removing the cloth section of door trim, cutting a bigger hole behind it and getting the door open internally.

After the door was open the actual latch that closes the door was broken and a small piece of plastic had jammed the door shut. Major issue was that the door did not then latch shut at all. Safe parking and the wreckers the next day, door latch replaced and she's good to go.

Also had a look at the neighbours VT and the plastic surrounding his latch had crazed as well... is this a commmon problem or just something suffered from high temp??? Eveything seems to be breaking after coming back to Vic form WA, very strange!!!

Spanks kids!

5. Branch

Branch New Member

Members Ride:
    VT Acclaim
    geez thats a fair old drive

vic -> wa

6. Dipper

Dipper New Member

Members Ride:
    vs s super charged
    i had this issue.. for me it started by tryn to unlock door with a length of wire after my batt went dead flat and not having drivers door key due to it being changed out prior to me buyn the car.. what happened was i pushed off a spring on the door lock assembly which holds the lock button n rod in correct place in the lock assembly, without the spring inplace the lock button wouldnt pull up and if forced up still wouldnt unlock door lock.. i had to break door trim from the top rear seam open to get inside door to door lock and with a screwdriver flick the lock actuator up at the lock to open door then fit door lock and spring back in correct position.. yeah so stupid caused big head phucks to learn dont shove coat hangers down door seams if batt dead flat.. jumper leads to starter n earth to motor much easier.. grrrrr