Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT door shakes / rattles over bumps

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
the black plastic striker only came out on vx's above so it is a common prob for vt'v

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
the black plastic striker only came out on vx's above so it is a common prob for vt'v

Yeah thats true, VT's came with clear plastic lol.

Anyways I managed to fix the problem with my door by taking it in a few mill.

Also the passenger seat doesnt rattle since I changed my shocks to the lowered GT Sport... Come to think of it, nothing rattles now.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
Well i have a passenger side door without the plastic and its starting to rattle.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
all my doors rattle. holden manual also mentioned a thin strip (Flock tape) that runs along the top of the door seal. stops rubber sqeaking. i also have the plastic missing from the strikers tho.

gtv6capri

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Holden by Design
Fitted the new plastic coated striker plates today, noticible improvement. the 2 PS and DSR dont rattle at all the DSF needs a slight tweak *I still have to do the hinge pins yet, and adjust it about 1mm up, but it only moves very slightly now, so my advice, invest $32 on a set of new strikers, money well spent.

Now to get that awful factory stereo sounding better......................

Bishy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S2
Fitted the new plastic coated striker plates today, noticible improvement. the 2 PS and DSR dont rattle at all the DSF needs a slight tweak *I still have to do the hinge pins yet, and adjust it about 1mm up, but it only moves very slightly now, so my advice, invest $32 on a set of new strikers, money well spent.

Now to get that awful factory stereo sounding better......................

Where they easy to replace?.. is it a matter of just marking the position of the existing plates, removing the old ones and installing the new ones?

Do i need to do anything else other than that?

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
gday have the same problem too... dsf rattles when going over bumps in the road etc
is it easy to replace? can it be done by a bit of a newbie like myself?

BerlinaBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 V6 + VZ Acclaim Wagon
Must be very common for the VT's to do this. Miine has done it from about 40,000k's. Mine still had the plastic over the strikers untill recently though. Could see from outsde the car that the doors just didn't seem to sit perfectly flush with the rest of the car though. I'm guessign it could be the pins? or maybe just need to adjust the striker?