Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Driveshaft Upgrade?

Kiwifolk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 5.7
Hi all, I couldn't find anyone directly talking about this. I am looking at buying a Manual VT Clubsport (love the shape) The driveshafts bolt straight on, My VZ has the rubbers in-between to give up first (making things a bit cheaper) im not sure if the VX has the same but does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade that?
And while were hear is there anything else worth updating? Its going to be a track day/club road race days car so will have new suspension and engine work done.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hi all, I couldn't find anyone directly talking about this. I am looking at buying a Manual VT Clubsport (love the shape) The driveshafts bolt straight on, My VZ has the rubbers in-between to give up first (making things a bit cheaper) im not sure if the VX has the same but does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade that?
And while were hear is there anything else worth updating? Its going to be a track day/club road race days car so will have new suspension and engine work done.
lf you are referring to the tailshaft ( rubbers in between ?) you could have one made to suite and would be in the $1000s+ at a guess. It costs around $400 just to ballance depending on some factors, one peice or two peice. Call some driveshaft shops is your best option and specify any particulars or you won't benifit anymore than a stocky, consider you will start stressing other non upgraded components also.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Are you talking about the rear irs driveshafts or the tailshaft? I just fitted a 4 bolt tailshaft from a vt 5L to my VX SS.

The 4 bolt tailshafts are very desirable where big torque is concerned. They’re not that easy to come across and quite expensive too. So if that’s what you already have, stick with it.