Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT ecotec supercharged cats??

Vs_97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Had a look on the furum for some information about the cat lengths on the supercharged ecotec's and cant find what i need also searched google as well and found nothing.

i have a 2000 vt supercharge ecotec looking at upgrading the exhaust i have a set of extractors (pacemakers) on it already but everything from the cat back is standard looking at the 2.5" twin system from redback but want to change the cats. just wondering what cats to look at???

Thanks guys

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt s-pack supercharged
Talk to naaf (not an abba fan) he can sort u out with some info being an exhaust guru

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
If you already have Pacemakers on the car, the stock cats will have been modded to match unless it already has pacemaker pre made cat sections. Stock cats are the best imo unless you are making over 230rwkw. Sound good and work fine

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If the cats are stuffed, then replace them, if not, leave them. The cat back will bolt straight up. Nobody makes a bolt in cat for the V6 off Pacemaker extractors. The closest I've seen are the Manta cats to suit V8 tri Y's, same flanges but about 50mm short on the front.

I hope you won't be disappointed with the Redback twin, they can be very raspy on the L67.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
information about the cat lengths on the supercharged ecotec's

I think to answer your question the L67 cats are the same as a stock ecotech or LS1. Generally Holden use the same cats and CPI count.

I dont know why you want to know this you either run stock cats or hi-flow's the length wont affect performance enough to notice.

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt s-pack supercharged
Slap a v8 twin system on it and be done with it

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Bet it sounded like a fart in a Milo tin.

benny_bones

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY Series 2 Wagon
Sorry to over take the thread but is it possible to fit a ls1 twin exhaust to a car that only has the single 1 cat style exhaust?