Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT electric windows

-Jonno-

CHAPPY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU
I have a VU S ute and have pulled my dash out before and have had to remove the power windows panel .My brothers has a VT and I recently pulled its dash out and i discovered the electric windows plug under the compartment behind the auto shifter. Im 90% sure ya cant jus buy a control panel to plug it into but what must be done to install electric windows? can i do it myself?

(thats helll confusing to follow.Sorry) :p
Cheers

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
I have a VU S ute and have pulled my dash out before and have had to remove the power windows panel .My brothers has a VT and I recently pulled its dash out and i discovered the electric windows plug under the compartment behind the auto shifter. Im 90% sure ya cant jus buy a control panel to plug it into but what must be done to install electric windows? can i do it myself?

(thats helll confusing to follow.Sorry) :p
Cheers

Search the HOW TO section and there is a detailed thread there.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Buy the power window regulators for the doors, pull the door trims off.

Once trims are off get the window out by unbolting the support rail (2 bolts horizontaly towards the rear of the door), tilting the window forward, and pulling it up.

Once windows out, get a nice big drill bit, and drill out the heads of the pop rivets and pull out the manual regulators.

Put in the electric regulators in the correct doors, use bolts to secure them (with spring washers) or get the correct pop rivets from holden (like $1 each). Wind the window down 1/2 way, put the glass in, and slide the window onto the runners.

Secure the rear support rail using the 2x bolts, give it a test run and your all done :)

kalu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
hi

how dose the wiring is done guys? has anyone got a vt /vx wiring diagram for electric windows?

ta

Dangerous Dave

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice
if the loom is there for the switches, you should also find the plugs to goto the regulators somewhere behind each kick panel.. the regulators will have the plugs on them, connect them up and off you go.. (theoretically...)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Not all VT have the wiring in the doors, how ever if you have the plug i the dash then the body of the car should be wired and all you will have to do is buy the door loom when you get the regs
its very easy to change the door loom over
If you get the loom check that the the looms have a white plug as i have been told that the VX loom has a black plug that is a different shape to the VT.

look on ebay there are power window kits all the time with the regs, loom, switches and dash panel.

one more thing is check your bcm and see if its says low on it, if it does then you will have to bypass the bcm or the drivers window wont work, again this is not hard you just have to find the two wires cut and join them
If it says mid or high then its ok