Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Electrical issues. Help needed.

Cavaliere79

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Wagon
Hey everyone.

I'll admit to not being too ontop of electrical maintenance of my VT wagon, though I do have an electrical issue or two, which I need fixed for RWC, and my own peace of mind.

1) I have replaced the clock-spring and horn, but there is no response from horn buttons on the steering wheel, and the relay has been checked. Horn sounded by wire patching the relay socket. Power is going to the horn, and I've been told it's probably a bad earth connection.

2) The previous owner did a fan relay to connection above rad, to battery bypass, so the fan runs constantly when power is on. Bypass cable fell off and (a) how would i reconnect this bypass for a temporary fix, and (b) what would be the main cause for the fans not to work without this bypass cable, even if the car has been idling/revved for 20 + minutes to get the engine temp up. Ecu fault has been suggested.

Thoughts/Solutions?
Recommendations for the cheapest auto-sparky's in the sourth brisbane/beenleigh area?

D

devilly

battery terminals and wire connectors to battery ,make sure theres nothing loose or corroded .

Cavaliere79

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Wagon
Horn issue has been fixed, fan issue isn't too important at this moment, but my head unit install has annoyed me.
Wired up correctly, but has now stopped functioning completely.