Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT electrical problem

wolvy29

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore acclaim
Hi guys, I have a big drama with my VT. When I start the car, I sometimes get the abs, engine, traction control and oil light coming on and staying on. The thermo fans also come on and dont turn off. I can still drive the car and it drives ok, but the cruise light doesnt come on but the active light does whe I set the cruise. It doesnt happen all the time and every now and then it just goes back to normal after I have been driving for a while. PLEASE HELP as i don't want to take it to a holden dealer as I used to work for one and I know what the some of the mechanics are like.:bang:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Someone else had some of the dash lights come on and got down to the ABS unit. They were talking $900.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Yep, that's what it usually means. ABS modules are often available on ebay and are a lot cheaper. I would get it yours checked out first.

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
had that happen with my old VT Calais... cost me $900

phatwagon4u

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
too norrow down the problem what you have too do is when all the dash lights are on and the fault is present,disconnect the abs module,if all your lights go out,except the abs and the trac,
you have found the faulty module.......easy peasy.