Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Engine cutting out

Ben_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 1997
Hi i have a vt 1997 model and have been googling the symptoms and keeps coming up Crank angle sensor. Just bought one off ebay not and waiting for it to arrive.It seems to drive ok out on the open road but the engine will cut out as soon as slowing down being behind a truck or coming into town.The temperature stays under half.Just bought it off ebay not long ago with 270,000 km on it.Put it into a mechanic and they had the car for three days and it came back out still playing up.All they did was service the radiator and that cost me $350 so ive decided to do repairs myself.
Does any one no of a helpful video of how to or does anyone have detailed instructions? it is currently not even in my garage because it played up to much so i had to leave it at a town i visited lol

I have only worked as an apprentice plant mechanic on mining trucks

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
could be blocked fuel injectors. when mine got really bad, the car would stall when decellerating coming to a roundabout or before turning a corner etc. it seemed like accelerating forced enough fuel in to keep it running. just a suggestion anyway. hope you nail it :)

Ben_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 1997
open to all suggestions ill have to put some injector cleaner threw it thanks

Ben_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 1997
i gotta to get it back home so ill put some threw on the trip back

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
just on that... if it is the problem, it sounds like it might be pretty blocked, so the injector cleaner probably wont do much if anything. i would save your money on that one. u might need a fuel injection guy or mechanic deal with it. best to try to locate the real issue before you go there though as injectors might cost a few hundred at least i would imagine. hopefully someone else here can offer you up some more knowledgable advice, and hopefully its something easier. ill scan through my workshop manual for u n see if i can come up with any other possibility suggestions :p

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
looking at the manual, i foud this: IAC Valce "the purpose of the IAC valve(idle air control valve) is to maintain correct idle speed depending on engine load, and prevent engine stall"
that really would be where i would start getting things looked at. the IAC valve is on the throttle body. another culprit may be the TP sensor (throttle position sensor) which is near the IAC valve on the throttle body
check out other threads with throttle body, IAC valve or TPS as keywords.
i think i would be getting the mechanic to check and give you a quote. or, take a chance, and get another throttle body from a wrecker and change it to see what happens.
good luck with it

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
vt cut out

our vt cut out. it was the alternator giving excess voltage out. changed that and its so good.:lock: