Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT engine mounts

Joshp

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Berlina V6
Are the engine mounts hard to change on a VT? V6 engine

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

What is your skill level? They're tricky for a first timer. But can be done in under 30 minutes if you know what you're doing

VTL67Calais

Vtl67 calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 Calais blue
i did mine today it was hell! but some cars are easy , if you have a mate with you and follow the guide google easey way vt engine mounts on this forum , it shows you the best way i found, A crow bar is great for aligning them back in the holes.

D

devilly

block of flat wood and jack the sum to take load off the nuts and bolts,do both of em around the same time.

i found the passenger side easy as,struggled with drivers side a bit.

also a few weeks after you do it then jack it up again and make sure it's all tight :)

aconre8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore wagon
This is an old thread I know but I've just gone through the ordeal of changing out the mounts on my VT Ecotech today.
There are many people posting great step by step guides ranging from removing aircon compressor & power steer pump/ coolant hoses..... all the way to those who say you don't need to remove anything but the mounts.
Well my first piece of advice is to buy the proper 15mm Holden tool designed for this job (click on ebay link to see it), which means you can get to the mount nut hidden under the A/C Compressor from under the car quite easily.
No need to remove the A/C compressor.
https://www.ebay.com.au/i/123264129...vDTHTFxMkABOrByvkfNBFTLFqVk5HUIxoC43sQAvD_BwE
Yes you can make this tool but why bother?
Just get the proper tool and be done with it....it's not that expensive.
Repco also sell it.
But for me, the easy to get to 15mm nut on top passenger side which is visible from the top was so tight i rounded it & ended up having to call Dr Bolt to remove the bugger.
It took them 1 .5 hours to get it undone...I kid you not.
Cost me $150...Grrr!
It was super tight & not enough room to get a breaker bar onto it.
So I decided the best way to make room without having to take too much off was to remove both exhaust manifolds (the passenger manifold had a snapped rear stud anyway & needed replacing).
It didn't take that long to do and it gave me heaps of room to undo & re-do the top nuts on both sides.
Not every one will need to do this as some VT mount nuts are easier to remove than others.
It's a case by case deal.
Definitely start with the driver side mount.
Remove and replace driver side mount before attacking the passenger side.
It will lign up much easier one side at a time.
And to those people who say they got the job down to 30mins.........I take my hat off to ya.

Last edited: