Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Engine Mounts

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Hi all,

Just had my 120,000 service.
Last one before the extended warranty runs out (Damn you AON)

They found that my engine mounts are sagging and need replacing ~5mm drop supposedly. Sort of expecting I suppose given the FE@ and the firmer ride. Two questions,

1.What else should I make sure they check as part of the repair. What else could they **** up?

2. Whenwe tried toget the Warranty reapir approved AON said it won't cover it as it is fair wear and tear! What do you guys think. I have had this 9C1 since new.

AOn have been shifty lately saying my latest link rod and fron sway bushes were fair wear and tear-even after two replacments in the past and nut putting VX components inwhich were stronger. Shows you you need to watch extended warranties, though it has paid for itself in the past so far.

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
My VT S1 has sagging mounts aswell. Holden quoted me $450 for supply and fit - bit pricey IMO. Picked up a pair of mounts at Repco for $96 , and mechanic mate will be fitting them for $150.

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
One of my engine mounts have sagged, and the sump is hitting the chassis under it... which has become a RWC prob. Picked up a set for $40 each, too easy :) There are no mods on my car so i guess its fair wear and tear for me... after 180k km;s tho :p

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
I got quoted about $360, allowing for Morning Tea for the Mechs. $95 for each mount- though should get them at trade.

Apparently most of the work is the centre one which is under the aircon.

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
mmmm this thread just reminded me my drivers side on needs replacing... pedlers told me some 3 months back when it went in for a suspension check it was badly sagging...

more money to spend on the car :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
don0xer said:
One of my engine mounts have sagged, and the sump is hitting the chassis under it... which has become a RWC prob. Picked up a set for $40 each, too easy :) There are no mods on my car so i guess its fair wear and tear for me... after 180k km;s tho :p
where did ya gte for 40 bux cause mines broken and needs replacing

wwilde

Reaction score
Members Ride
Daily: VE S2 SV6, Toy: Subaru BRZ
I had vibrations through steering wheel & drivers seat & always thought it was an idling problem but found after looking at the mounts from underneath car they were sagged so much the pin that goes through the mount were actually sitting on the chassis,

after changing the mounts now it is idles sooo quiet, & no vibrations whatsoever, best $110 I ever spent.:thumbsup:

Btw, Repco has them for $55 each aftermarket.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Jst a quick question...
How often should getting this sorta thing be done??
Like i got my car lowered heaps so there is more strain on the mounts...

wwilde

Reaction score
Members Ride
Daily: VE S2 SV6, Toy: Subaru BRZ
Just look at mounts from under car & if the pins that go through mount are close to or sitting on chassis they need replacing,
there should be at least 15mm clearance between pin and chassis.

Also sump should be higher than K frame by 10mm or so, mine was below k frame by 5mm.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Cool thanx, i'll jack her up n have a look