Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT ex-cop Traction control issue!

Hello1234566

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
hey i have an ex cop vt commodore aswell and let me tell you they have tractin control like hell. and it cant be turned off unless you go to ultra tune and get them to permantly disable traction, then good luck with taking corners fast :p

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
hey i have an ex cop vt commodore aswell and let me tell you they have tractin control like hell. and it cant be turned off unless you go to ultra tune and get them to permantly disable traction, then good luck with taking corners fast :p

Sounds like you need better tyres/suspension.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The only recommended way of disabling the ETC system is to disconnect terminal 27 from the ABS/ETC Control Module connector YE98, circuit 1427, Black/White wire (actual torque). This is to be achieved by withdrawing terminal 27 from connector YE98 and taping the wire back to the main wiring harness. This will disable the ETC system while maintaining normal ABS operation.
If the ETC system is disabled, the TRAC OFF warning lamp in the instrument cluster will be permanently illuminated when the ignition is on and Diagnostic Trouble Code 74 will be logged. At no time must the ‘TRAC OFF’ warning lamp be disconnected as its function is to advise the driver that this safety feature is not available.

Last edited:

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
are you sure it has traction control and your just not used to a heavy car with an lsd and probably alot of rubber?

buzuki

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim wagon S1
cut pin B11 at ecu, black/white trace.

that will disable traction control (if it has it) the wire will be there if it has it or not, this will also illuminate the light on dash permanently,

t-rav

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
The only recommended way of disabling the ETC system is to disconnect terminal 27 from the ABS/ETC Control Module connector YE98, circuit 1427, Black/White wire (actual torque). This is to be achieved by withdrawing terminal 27 from connector YE98 and taping the wire back to the main wiring harness. This will disable the ETC system while maintaining normal ABS operation.
If the ETC system is disabled, the TRAC OFF warning lamp in the instrument cluster will be permanently illuminated when the ignition is on and Diagnostic Trouble Code 74 will be logged. At no time must the ‘TRAC OFF’ warning lamp be disconnected as its function is to advise the driver that this safety feature is not available.

thanks mate great help :yeah:

canabl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR/II 5L UTE
just reading through this question, my vt senator manual is the same thing, you can rev it dump it and just get a little chirp from the tyres.
this wire that can be cut/disconnected, i guess you could put in a switch of your own so as to be able to activate in times of need like wet weather or on the track?
did this fix the non wheel spinning issues for anyone?

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
if it doesnt have a TC switch it hasnt got it
more like torque management I would say

rlnhrd276

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5.0
does this remove torque management on vt 5.0 that has no trac cntrl?