Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt exec exahaust

mr little

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt commodore
hi everyone

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

was just wondering if anyone has put a redback twin 2.5" exhaust on a standard executive, was wondering if i brought the cat back exhaust (above) would it fit straight on with a set of extractors or would it be worth getting the full system from an exhaust shop

from a bit of reasearch i have got rough prices

twin cat back exhaust 300
2 hi flow cats 200
extractors 350
so for parts im looking for around 800-900 plus what it would cost for a workshop to fit it (any sugestions on a pricing?)

its either that or just go to the exhaust shop and see how much theyd give me one for.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Well, Exhaust system's are a bolt on, So if you are handy with the spanner then you should have no wirries fitting it.

It's quiet easy.

Im not sure weather it would be cheaper to just go to a exhaust shop but i would think it wouldent be, Being that they are a shop with overhead's.
+ fitting of corse.

I'd just go with buying one online and fitting it you're self.

Oh, If you have a standard V6, Then IMO i would suggest giving the extractors a miss, I fitted them to my old standard V6 and lost low end power.
Was a bugger around town...

The stock eco V6 exhaust manafold's are quiet good as is.

I think extractor's are a later on mod IMO, After all other preformance mod's are done.
That way they will work as intended.

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
twin 2.5 is way too big mate. Unless yours is a v8? you can't go a twin exhaust on a single cat ecotec unless you have a custom y piece made.. but by the way you're talking,, it sounds like you have a v8?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That system will not fit straight up to a V6. Even if you got extractors and twin cats, you would still need to fabricate the pipes from the cats to the exhaust.

I agree with the above post in that a twin 2 1/2" is too big for an NA V6.

I'm not going to bother quoting as I can't compete with the cheap exhausts on Ebay. But you get what you pay for.

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
i got that exact exhaust from justin at tuff garage, was 215 plus 45 postage, best sounding exhaust on a v6 i think, nice deep, little drone even at idle sounds good, doesnt sound tinnie or anything, its a great exhaust well worth the money and took me 15-30 mins to install

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
are you joking? How did it take you 15mins to install an exhaust that won't even fit a standard single cat ecotec without custom pipe work?

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
are you joking? How did it take you 15mins to install an exhaust that won't even fit a standard single cat ecotec without custom pipe work?

hahaha. golden!

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2

I think he either didn't read the ad properly and actually got a single pipe one
OR
He has a v8 / supercharged 6!

In which case 15 minutes is quite achievable.

Edit: I bought my exhaust from Justin at Tuff Car parts too and he is a good bloke and sells good systems!