Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt extractor questions

moz7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Hmmm ill have a think because I found a set of lukey extractors and some other brand cat all installed for 750 at the exhaust shop

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just make sure it's a metallic high flow and not ceramic.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Ceramic cats don't last as long and tend to break up if hit. They also melt if there is an O2 sensor issue and the car either runs too lean or over fuels.

And they are a lot cheaper then metallic cats. If that quote is for a ceramic cat then it is way too dear. If it is for a metallic cat, then it is pretty reasonable.

moz7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Ok thanks for your help looks like I'm getting extractors and cat done

theghostoftime1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt berlina series 1 V6
Hey, I have Vt wagon v6 with a lukey cat back 2.5 inch exhaust with two mufflers, I like the note it has when your driving around at about 3000 rpm it just sounds nice and doesn't really drone too bad. But it has no take off noise like if you put the foot down it is quite then when you get to desired speed like 70 km/h the note comes back. If I add lukey extractors with a high flow cat, will I get the take off note that I'm after, I know it won't sound like a v8 but I want something as I'm sick of having a quite car. So lemme no what you think because some people say it helps others say it does nothing so I dunno any more. Thanks.

hey dude i have the same lukey on my vt sedan, i know what you mean with the noise, car parked and ilding and step on it, it sounds awesome, driving low speed it will growl a bit until it hits 4th and then its as quiet as my stock exhaust. i just purchased some lukey extractors, but havne't put them on yet, but i think i will get a high flow cat and maybe take off the rear res. my mate has a vt too, which has a straight thru custom exhaust and it sounds angry when you down shift but in a good way ;) love it

moz7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Ok when are you putting extractors in? I'd like to get some feed back on it

moz7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
hey dude i have the same lukey on my vt sedan, i know what you mean with the noise, car parked and ilding and step on it, it sounds awesome, driving low speed it will growl a bit until it hits 4th and then its as quiet as my stock exhaust. i just purchased some lukey extractors, but havne't put them on yet, but i think i will get a high flow cat and maybe take off the rear res. my mate has a vt too, which has a straight thru custom exhaust and it sounds angry when you down shift but in a good way ;) love it

theghostoftime1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt berlina series 1 V6

not for a while yet, saving to move house before xmas, will update when its done :) currently working on changing all my bushes with superpro, **** job lol...

moz7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Ok did u get the extractors off eBay??? And are u changing like the rear bushes/ putting a camber kit in