Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT feeling "slugish" ............?

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
Problem with my auto VT6. When I put my foot down it sounds rough and shakey like its going to die then comes good.. Happens mostly when I first jump in or when I take my foot off completely and then accelerate(ie. corners, stops).

I took it in to my holden dealer and he cleaned the throttle body, IAC valve and replaced the fuel pump. Its still happening and he suggested leads and plugs were the problem.

Feedback will be appreciated before I take it back, Thanks!

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
I do the plugs and leads next. A dodgy lead can cause problems like that.
Could also be the injectors.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You'd think the dealer would have done the plugs and leads first before slugging you for the all the other stuff that obviously wasn't the problem.

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE 50th ANNIVERSARY
how much was it for the fuel pump?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Sounds like he was just after some extra cash i mean just by the sounds of it u can tell its prolly the leads or a spark plug has **** itself?? but could b wrong lol have u checked ur plugs urself?? if thats the case id get ya money back 4 doin work that didnt need 2 b dun so many dodgy mechanics out there these days no wonder y they r low income earners lol

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
this mechanic was a holden dealer.. I thought he ripped me off abit but I noticed a smoother and more responsive car when I got it back.. then a couple of days later the problem started again..

So you guys think its dodge plugs/leads.. what about the coil and other stuff?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Most often it is a faulty lead that is the problem when the car runs rough or misses. When was the last time you changed leads? If the answer is never and you've had the car for along time it wouldn't hurt to get some new ones as they don't last forever. The same with plugs. They may not be the problem but it is the first thing you would look at.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Plugs don't cost much to replace and you can test your leads if you have a multimeter.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
my advice is go back to the holden mechanic.... tell them you want a full refund or else you'll report them to Office Of Fair Trading.... Holden Head Office Customer Care... even 7:30 Report... and next take your car for a test drive before accepting that it has been repaired properly... and if it isnt... ask for the manager and tell him you want it fixed properly...