Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Fog Light Installation

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Hey fellas...
i know i have already started a thread about the lights but no one read it to the end and get to the question i need answered (if u get what i mean lol)
Neway, I have now bought the fog lights and bezels, and i was looking at them today and i can't figure out how you attach the bezel to the front bar, i can see how the lights sit, but i can't fiigure out how u put them both together.. do i need to cut anything? where do the edges of the bezels clip onto? some pictures or a walk through as to how i do this would be great...
Cheers
raZel :thumbsup:

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
You must also purchase a new bumper bar that has the holes for the bezels already cut out. These are generally found on an SS or Calais front bumper. When I fitted the driving lights into my VTII Berlina I also had to replace the front bumper to gain the access holes. The bezels then press into the bumper holes in the right places and job finished:thumbsup:

Attachments

• P3120256.JPG
    P3120256.JPG
    395.4 KB · Views: 1,185

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
most ppl just cut into the bumper to make it fit instead of replacing bumper

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
yeah i jst wanna cut it... and i wanted to kno of some ppl that have done it before.. i can't imagine that im the first one to cut it...

cheers

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
Believe you me if you want a professional finish then a new or good secondhand bumper is the way to go. The guys who have cut them all say the same things that it is a **** of a job as to get the holes exactly right and the bezels to slot straight in is a very hard job. My advise change the bumper but if not give it a go first and if it stuffs up then you have to buy one anyway!!

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
just save time and trouble and take to panel beater and get it done.
if you put the bezels against the bumper you will see what you have to cut but unless your good at taking bumpers off and cutting it without cracking the paint around it then take to panel beater

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Was curious to know if I can put fog lights on my 2002 VX Commodore Acclaim????????? I've already cut out the holes and have put mesh in them.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
trust me get a professional to do it or buy the new bumper with the bezels in it already. i cut into mine it was ok but one bezel wasn't the same height as the other but i got a new bar when mine had to get resprayed cos of an accident.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
the bezels dont come with the new bumper...they are a serparate item to buy and install even with a genuine SS front bumper

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
really? thats interesting...
well i got the lights today and im not very happy, the guy in the description on ebay said (tiny crack, barely noticable) the ****en crack goes from one side to the other, and in the picture they had the plugs on em... when i opened the box, the cables are cut no sh!t like a cm from the back of the light!!!! so what can i do, can i send em back to him?

Cheers