Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Vt fog lights onto executive front bar

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
So all I'll need will be lights, light supports and bezels?

MDVXSS

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS, VR acclaim, VS wagon, HQ One-Tonner
Do you plan on using the 'fog-lamps' yourself...? Using them unnecessarily attracts un-warranted attention from the police and makes you look like a twat at the same time...
LOL that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Why the hell would someone install fog lights and not use them?
And I don't know about you, but I don't see how driving with them on attracts attention, I used to have mine on a fair bit an never got pulled over etc. Unless its changed in 12 months cause I haven't driven a car with foglights for 12 months.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Driving with fog lights when there is no fog is fine-able.
Driving with driving lights on, when not needed is also fine-able.

Can be distracting to other drivers. It's on vicroads website, I'd link but cbf.

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
DRL you can have running for daytime only and must automatically switch of when driving lights are turned on or (a switch be installed to turn them of manually)

fog light (the yellow type) are to be used in foggy weather or heavy rain.

crystal white foglights placed no more then 600mm apart from the centre of a forward facing vehicle and no higher than 300mm above the ground can also be used as DRL'S (providing they are switched of when driving lights are turned on)

i wrote that down and keep it in my car for when cops try say something about mine....

DRL =daytime running lights

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
I thought they are wired to the head lights?
Or do I need a separate switch?

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
you can get them hooked up to a separate switch or ignition.... ive got L.E.D DRL's and hard wired them to the park lights ....not legal but not ultra bright

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
MDVXSS said:
LOL that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Why the hell would someone install fog lights and not use them?

Because of what [ephect] has posted here below

ephect said:
Driving with fog lights when there is no fog is fine-able.
Driving with driving lights on, when not needed is also fine-able.

Can be distracting to other drivers. It's on vicroads website, I'd link but cbf.

I've heard it all before. "I have them on all the time because i want other motorist to be able to see me coming". "They came factory, why can't i use them whenever", etc etc.

I would have thought this topic would have been covered before many a time. Obviously not. Just don't look too suprised when you're handed an infringment notice for using your foglights unnecessarily.

OnTopic. VT's & VX's had a seperate push button switch just below the headlamp selector. VY/Z switch was incorporated into the headlight switch which is a pull type switch to operate the lower driving lights.

Last edited:

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
And everything's just there ready to plug in?
And I'll need the switch too?

Irukanji

101% Lunacy
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Exec LS1 A4
If driving lights were illegal to have on when driving, the motorcyclists would be fined every time they go for a ride...

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
If driving lights were illegal to have on when driving, the motorcyclists would be fined every time they go for a ride...

Not quite, bikes are harder to see compared to cars.

Plus It's law for bikes to have headlights on when the key is turned. If they don't, it's unroadworthy.