Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Front brake conversion onto VS Commodore - COMPLETED with front calipers locking.

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Ok so i've completed the conversion.

Front VT calipers, rotors and brake pads.
Brake lines made up
Hub rings (Still yet to purchase)
VT master cylinder and VS reservoir.

My brakes were perfect for almost 2 weeks then i got a bad master cylinder leak and my pedal went to ****.
I replaced the body seals in the master cylinder that hold the reservoir in place and the leaks were fixed. I bled the master master cylinder again, bled the brakes all round and still had a bad brake pedal when starting the car.

So next, was to replace the brake booster with one i had lying around from my VS sedan. Did that, put the master back on and the front calipers were locking on.

So i replaced the booster with one from a VS wagon, caliper back on and front brakes still locking up.

Next i got another master cylinder form the wrecker again and put that on. Front brakes STILL locking on unless i undo the bleeder nipple on the caliper then it releases pressure but slowly jams back up.

I have removed that little bolt from inside the push rod on the brake booster from day one as it didn't want to sit on correctly with it there. I am stuck for idea's on what's next???

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
The calipers could be siezing up? all the moving parts should move freely.
that's my 2 cents..

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
did u cut the push rod or fit the spacer which race brakes sydney sell when u fitted the vt m/c

aussie bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Exec S2
Don't you need the vt brake booster cause its bigger then the vs booster??

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I don't know why people continue to stuff around with the VT conversion when the VE spec kit works straight out of the box with no need to change anything else.

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
I don't know why people continue to stuff around with the VT conversion when the VE spec kit works straight out of the box with no need to change anything else.

Oh? Lets see... Because the ve brake kit is far more expensive? I had vt gear lying around so I used it. I wanted better braking I didn't want an extreme brake pedal. Its not hard to understand why people bother with 3rd gen commodore gear.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS

By changing the booster even VE breaks u get better breaks yet again.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I understand the cost factor, and people don't tend to put a value on their own time. If you took into account the amount of time taken to do the VT-VZ setup on an earlier model to get it all working adequately, the VE upgrade is a much better option.

Personally, I wouldn't bother changing anything else when doing the VE upgrade, there is no need. They work a lot better than the stock brakes even with the factory booster.