Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT fuel pressure regulater

Vtlover

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Commodore
Hi could someone please tell me where to locate the fuel pressure regulater on my 99 VT & or how to replace it.Thanks heaps

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
The fuel pressure reg is located on the back of the drivers side fuel rail. The return fuel hose back to the firewall is connected to it. I cant remember for certain, but of the VT-VY ecotecs which run the gold coloured steel fuel rails, I think the Vt was the model where the reg is sealed in this and is not removable. If this is the case, A whole new fuel rail is required in order to replace the reg. If im wrong and in fact it was one of the later models, then where the fuel return hose goes into the reg there should be a large black clip which locks in perpendicular to the reg housing to hold it together. Remove this clip to disassemble and remove the reg.
If its the first option, then you'll need to remove the plenum chamber first to remove the fuel rails. If the second option, it can be done with eveything in place without removing anything else.
Hope that helps!
Cheers

paaljala

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore wagon
just read your post , i don't know which option I can take up to replacs my fuel regulator . How do I identify for certain which is the right option to replace the regulator ? Also , what are the symptoms for a faulty regulator ? can they be tested ? regards Paul

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
why do you think your reg needs replacing? offen if you have a fuel pressure problem it is your pump. as to replace a new fuel rail

paaljala

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore wagon
hi there , thanks for replying , can u explain how 2 replace the fuel pressure regulater on my VX . What looks like the regulater is part of the fuel rail !!!! this has me stumped .

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
hi there , thanks for replying , can u explain how 2 replace the fuel pressure regulater on my VX . What looks like the regulater is part of the fuel rail !!!! this has me stumped .

I explained in your other thread.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
My symptoms were when it was meant to be off, fuel was still coming through a tear in the diaphragm inside the regulator.

Skyvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Hey there i also have a 99 vt commodore and atm it wont start a mechanic said it could be this fuel regulator based on symptoms. last few days it starts but it takes a bit to get the fuel through i replaced the fuel pump and filter with brand new ones a few days ago and today it wont start at all it turns over but wont start now. could it be the fuel regulator?