Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt fuel smell

Don Es

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 97 acclaim
My vt acclaim has an intermitant fuel smell problem.The problem seems to be under the bonnet.Injectors have been serviced,a new purge valve fitted,plenum gaskets replaced,new fuel tank cap fitted,thorough under car inspection undertaken.Getting desperate now!Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.Thanks in advance you guys.

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
mine had a fuel smell too. turns out mine had a leak somewhere in the top of the tank, around some seal? (not a mechanic, no idea exactly what they did). had to get it dropped out and put back together properly. no smell. :)

Don Es

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 97 acclaim
Thanks Maci Turned out to be a faulty fuel pressure regulator that caused the hose to the fuel rail to "sweat" a bit.My nephew,Richard, at RC Motorwerx in Melbourne tracked down the problem in fairly quick time.

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
how much to replace it ? is it easy to find ?

Don Es

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 97 acclaim
how much to replace it ? is it easy to find ?

Hi Banga The pressure regulator is on the end of the fuel rail in a metal "cup".It requires equipment to test it so its not really a home mechanic job to fix it.It cost me 120 but that included an allowance of time to actually track down what was wrong.I guess you could just replace it and hope that that is whats wrong.You need to relieve the fuel pressure before removing the fuel lines.A workshop manual explains the procedures ,its not to complicated.