Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt gear box for vr

markhayes

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore v6
hay comm fanats i have a vr series 2 v6 3,8 commy ,an i just bought a v6 eco tech vt gear box just wondering if it will fit in my car the vt engine was the same as the vs model so many people say yes but more say no so wats the go do it or dont it

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
VT box will not fit a VR/VS due to the bellhousing fouling the exhaust plus it will not fit a VR because it has a different number of pins in the plug. The VT box has a separate bellhousing. Do a search on this forum as it's been covered before. Probably they could be made to fit but it ain't easy and really, your best to look for a good VR box IMHO.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Im not speaking from personal experience, but it can be done fairly easily and the VT auto is a far better box than the VR. A few bits have to be swapped and the pin modified. Give commwreck in Sydney a call, they do them all the time.

johnsy_vs

=Johnsy=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
im not sure, i know they fit into a series 2 vs. But not sure bout vr, you would probly have to get a compatible bell housing and do a few other mods. also might have a problem with ECU but not sure so dont quote me :).