Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT gearbox problems!!!

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
to whom it concerns.. IM just a bit worried that im going to go through another VT BOX>....

I think from what i can tell i dont have much tranny fluid ..will be filling it up tonight took the car for a drive ran fine

But going from say p to r
or r to d .. it makes a loud CLUNK?
wud it be a slappy tailshaft?

we did raise the car from the diff yesterday to do some work.. just wondering if this would have anything to do with it..

Just concerned .. done some re search and is it a problem on a vt?

cheers

Last edited:

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
cheers mate.. guess im just a bit more concerned this time as it happend to my first vt and i ended up selling it.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Does the car jerk quite alot when you change it out from P/R or put into drive ?
Mine did this, but it would also shift hard into 1st - 2nd. Ended up just being a TPS

Check error codes perhaps as well.

Most likely just the fluid *fingers crossed *

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Does the car jerk quite alot when you change it out from P/R or put into drive ?
Mine did this, but it would also shift hard into 1st - 2nd. Ended up just being a TPS

Check error codes perhaps as well.

Most likely just the fluid *fingers crossed *

what is a TPS?? traction something??
how can i check the code ? by crossing the wires together? on a vt? used to do it on a vs

and yeah im hoping its just the fluid.. it just seemed like there was #### all in there when i checked at lunch.. Checked several times and it seemed like there was only little traces of fluid and thats after it was hot... I know the car needs a service.. But ive been drivn it for less then a week n babying it haha..
Damm cars:p.. always so much fun

yeah it just feels like a BUMP or a BOLT

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
TPS = Throttle Position Sensor, it's located on your throttle body.

There's a connector under the dash which you can see near where your pedals are.
You need to link pins 4 & 5 if I remember correctly, might be 5 & 6.. anyway, search for a thread by Airstrike on checking Error codes, tells you all you need to know.

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
TPS = Throttle Position Sensor, it's located on your throttle body.

There's a connector under the dash which you can see near where your pedals are.
You need to link pins 4 & 5 if I remember correctly, might be 5 & 6.. anyway, search for a thread by Airstrike on checking Error codes, tells you all you need to know.

Cheers man uve been a very big help..

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Don't go swapping out the TPS unless there's a code being thrown up. Don't want you wasting money just because someone on a forum says it happened to them.
Unfortunately it could be a number of things so it's a matter of just eliminating the things one by one.

Here's airstrike's thread

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vt-vx.23665

well ill have a look at it tonight when i get home and figure it all out.. i must admit.. i havnt spent much time under the bonnet since i got the car
it does need a service but that wont happen for a few months due to the $ so hopefully something easy :p i have fluid so ill see how that goes

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
UPDATE.. just to let u guys know.. Problem seems to be rectified.. car drives alot better with a top up.. was on half.. Still not used to the slappy diff:p but im sure i will
cheers for all your help sorry if im annoying