Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT gearstick auto push down came up wont go back down

T

tariqzvt

:mad: i was driving as noral and then i put my arm on the gearstick while it was on Drive then when i took my arm off the gear push down thing came up and wont go back down!!!! ill post pics in a while:bang:

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
If the button on the selector wont stay in the usual down position but sticks up an inch higher than the tbar button is broken. This can be confirmed by turning vehicle off, select lowest gear and undo the screw situated at the front. If you undo this screw and the t bar lever and button come apart then the button is broken. The button is only about $7 brand new Holden part. To replace this button, you will need to remove the centre consul to access the roll pin that hold the bottom of the button in place.
Ken

T

tariqzvt

hi thanx very much for ur help the long rod connected to the button is broken from the bottom i will but it tomorrow. can u help me on how to open the center console

thanx for the help!!

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
I just read the other sticky post on how to change the gear knob and it has pics. Read that, makes it so much easier with pics. If you have any probs,jusk ask.
Ken