Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Getrag help!? Whining like its BLOWN!

VS-S-PACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 5 SPEED MANUAL
Hey guy i have a vt s pac and the gearbox whines! any idea what it is? im taking my cat to a diff and transmission shop later so they will tell me, but have you guys got any idea?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
well yes they are designed in a way that 1st and 2nd gears whine, but if you think its excessive then get it checked out

VS-S-PACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 5 SPEED MANUAL
cheers mate, i dropped it off today and said " fix it " haha, there also putting my lsd in with 3:45s, so ill be happy if everything goes right!

wes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5 spd man.
GETRAG I have the exact same problem,, IT IS THE INPUT SHAFT BEARING !!!!!!!!the gear box places WILL tell u that it will need a rebuild...( load of **** )....Then they will tell u the box has to be split to replace it ( load of ****) it is only the bmw's that have to be split..... I have the part number for the nsk bearing if u need it ....A good gearbox repairer will have the puller to withdraw the old one....none here in brisbane ....my brother in law ( fitter & turner ) is doing the job for me...

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Have u recently, and unnoticingly installed cut gears into your transmission?

VS-S-PACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 5 SPEED MANUAL
GETRAG I have the exact same problem,, IT IS THE INPUT SHAFT BEARING !!!!!!!!the gear box places WILL tell u that it will need a rebuild...( load of **** )....Then they will tell u the box has to be split to replace it ( load of ****) it is only the bmw's that have to be split..... I have the part number for the nsk bearing if u need it ....A good gearbox repairer will have the puller to withdraw the old one....none here in brisbane ....my brother in law ( fitter & turner ) is doing the job for me...

YOU SIR ARE A LEGEND! ill tell them!

Vtspac99

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt s pac 3.8 manual
Hi guys, was gonna open new thread but realised this is similar. Ok so went to look at a 99 vt s pac 5sp manual sequential injection and while the car seems to be in top shape, 176000ks, not lowered no obvious signs of towing interior and exterior spotless no obvious signs of oil leaks nothing. Sounds too good right, but when I took it for a test drive there seemed to be a quiet whining noise coming from the front. Almost like a superchaged engine or a toy remote controlled car, is this normal or should I RUN and let this car go. He said its normal on the vt to vy models, and has given me a 1 year warranty covering diff, gear box engine, most major parts. Any feedback will be appreciated