Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt getrag into VG Speed sensor wiring

LSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG LS UTE
Hi, I have put a m34 getrag into my vg is Ute. The original harness has a three wire plug but the getrag has a two wire plug , does anyone know how to splice into the harness to make the speed sensor work.?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u only need earth and signal wire just tape up the power wire not used, will read ALOT faster tho if it works

LSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG LS UTE
Thanks for that , I will try this in conjunction with a speed corrector and post the results

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
They are 2 different types of sensors, I dont think a simple cut and shut wiring operation will work.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
see how it goes corrector box will have to be inductive input and square wave output, speedo puts out a voltage to pull down so u will have to keep that in mind when setting up the box if it suits it, could be easier to get the ecu to suit the getrag output pulses ?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Speedo signal goes through vt s1 or vs s3 ecu/harness with getrag boxes.

None of the divide by 5 sensoe/loom etc from vn/p is needed as purple(?) speedo wire can go straight to ecu & work correctly if using vr-s maybe vt ecu.

Can try corrector box but plug is totally different amongst other things like hydraulic clutch conversion.

If car has 5 litre do ford 6cyl t5 dellows/rodshop conversion...if thinking Ls engine t56 is only sensible way to do it.

** should provide better info on engine/driveline details if expecting decent answers.

Reactions: Lex