Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Handbrake Lever (cable broken?)

z900collector

Reaction score
Members Ride
99VT 99VSUTE
I have a 1999 VT Equip Sedan (Series II?) purchased from new. Ive been doing my own services for the last 10 years so nothing is a showstopper for me. Latest issue is the handbrake broke when I lent it to my girlfriend.

The Handbrake Lever appears to now go right up 90 degrees and no hence no handbrake, I suspect its the single cable that runs from it, the question is:

1. Do you remove the drivers seat to get to the levers mechanism to inspect the cable linkage?
2. Do you also need to pull the center console apart also to access anything related to the handbrake lever or cable path?

Ive done some searching on the forum, google and youTube looking for hints on the exact process and the manual is not overly clear on the process either, some practical experience from members generally seams to yield better results.

Sid

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
you don't need the seat out, the console however needs to come out.

z900collector

Reaction score
Members Ride
99VT 99VSUTE
From underneath, am I checking the two cables to make sure they are joined to the single cable?