Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT head unit

grant0193

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II
Hey, I looked around but I couldnt find what I am after..

Dose the VT Calais head unit have a sub output? or i need to new head unit?

thanks

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
doesnt it have 2 subs in the rear, with an amp in the rear right hand panel?? just follow those wires back.......or wait for a reply...

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
No commodore factory head-unit has "sub" outputs, especially not RCA or low level outputs as far as i know.

You have two options if you want to add an amp and sub.

1) Buy an aftermarket head-unit.
2) Buy a line out converter (LOC) which will convert speaker wires into RCAs, just connect the LOC to the rear speaker wires and then connect the RCAs to your amplifier, when you fade to the rear it will fade to the rear speakers and subwoofer/s.

kjparker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 Acclaim
No commodore factory head-unit has "sub" outputs, especially not RCA or low level outputs as far as i know.

You have two options if you want to add an amp and sub.

1) Buy an aftermarket head-unit.
2) Buy a line out converter (LOC) which will convert speaker wires into RCAs, just connect the LOC to the rear speaker wires and then connect the RCAs to your amplifier, when you fade to the rear it will fade to the rear speakers and subwoofer/s.

3) add some low level outputs to your existing unit. There is a good thread with pictures on ls1.com.au detailing how to do it