Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AmyJayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
So I have an auto VT. Yesterday I was driving it and it was fine. Stopped at a friend's, turned it off, started it again about 10mins later and started driving... all of a sudden it is shuddering and feeling like it's about to stall even though doing 60. Went round the block and back to my friends, feeling like it was going to shut down every time I slowed down. Get out the car and can smell sulfer unburt fuel type of smell really bad. Honestly, I have no idea about cars. Have checked all levels and oil okay, trans fluid stick level is sitting at something above hot that says "Deep Pan Only". All the plugs are in around the engine. Though something on the far left seemed a bit loose, the sticker was gone but looked like MGA 700 or something? I tried to push it back in and seemed to sort of connect again, could that be it? I started it and revved it a little for a while but when I release the throttle it still idles low and car shuddering. Is this a trans ploblem, plugs, coils, egr? Any ideas? I have no idea what I am doing.

davs

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
Best take it to a mechanic for a look if you're not confident. Could be any of those you mentioned. Does it do it in neutral? You might have a fuel leak - notice any liquids around?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Check engine light on? If so a mechanic can scan it, and the trouble codes will tell you/him/her what needs to be fixed.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Might be a loose hose somewhere causing a vacuum leak , have a look with a torch to see

D

devilly

if your smelling un burnt fuel be VERY careful.could be a hose to the fuel rail or and o'ring on injector.try and find the source and be careful with leaking fuel.

AmyJayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Thanks so much everyone! I ended up taking it to a mechanic this morning, he said it was only firing on 3 cylinders and the coil needs to be replaced. Hopefully that should solve things! I pick it up this afternoon so fingers crossed :) Really appreciate everyone's comments!

r2160

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Did that fix it?