Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT horn issue

wayne92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Olympic
Hi guys ive been having some problems with the horn on my VT

To start with the horn is extremely sensitive, the slightest tap on the steering wheel and my horn will beep. The other problem I have is that sometimes the horn just gets stuck on without me touching it. There have been occasions where i have been driving down the road (hands nowhere near the horn) and the horn has just gone off. To get it to stop i have to hit the horn. This problem has also happened twice when the car was parked. Ive been inside and heard my horn go crazy and so far the only way ive been able to get it to stop when im not in the car is to pull the wires out of the horn as the doors will not unlock when the horn is going off :S

This is really starting to get annoying, atm im thinking about just buying another horn and running a remote button into the cab to avoid this problem. However i would like to be able to fix it if that is possible

Any thoughts???

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
As far as I know there is a metal sticker behind the horn pad and this can start peeling (lifting off) which causes the horn button to make contact setting the horn off. If you do a search you might be lucky enough to find threads on this issue as it is quite common.