Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Hsv brakes

Kuksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Senator Signature Wagon
Hi all,

I have a question for anyone who can answer it...
I have a VT Senator signature wagon and I want to know what type of brakes it has. They are factory not after market but I just want to know if they are of the good sort?
Are there any simple mods you can do to improve its current performance state? Update calipers, pads, better brake lines etc..

Thanks for your time.

Leroy

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Wait wait wait......senator wagon? Well i'll be.....learn something every day.

I had DBA 4000 slotteds and QFM pads.

Just learn't there was only 27 of these made. DON'T CHANGE A DAMN THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRGGGGHHHHHH Keep it in a Carcoon or something!!!!!!! :):)

Last edited:

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Wiki tells me that the vt senator sig wagon had the option of upgraded brakes. Weather yours has these or not I cant tell you.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Just learn't there was only 27 of these made. DON'T CHANGE A DAMN THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRGGGGHHHHHH Keep it in a Carcoon or something!!!!!!! :):)

Just because there was only 27 of them made dosent mean its going to be a sort after car in the future, as you just said you hadn't even heard of them before. Just saying

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
Post up a picture if your brakes mate, because all hsv stuff is optioned cars

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Just because there was only 27 of them made dosent mean its going to be a sort after car in the future, as you just said you hadn't even heard of them before. Just saying

But what if it's value does skyrocket in 15+ year?

Wouldn't you be kicking yourself...

And to me, less known = Rarer

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Nice quote Kiddo....

Have a look at the caliper, if it has HSV or Brembo on it, then it will be upgraded brakes, other than that, they are the same as standard VT-VZ. Our VT Senator Sig has the standard size, but I upgraded the rotors to my custom curve slot and dimple design.

Kuksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Senator Signature Wagon
Hey guys,

Yeah the brakes don't have any design or hsv labelling on them but I was guessing they were just ya standard brakes like you get on the standard model vts. Wouldn't mind upgrading to some vz hsv brakes though, they look the business or even the harrop performance package brakes!

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Are yours slotted?
My VX clubsport has 2 spot fronts so it should be the same as normal VT-VZ right? um no the standard rotors are 296mm mine are 330mm slotted with 2 pots and all have HSV stamps and are not painted, the 4 pots have 343mm rotors that are cross drilled and slotted. So you may have slightly better front brakes than the run of the mill. The rears seem the same size as normal but are slotted and have HSV stamps.