Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT HSV GTS Hydratrak lsd diff

boostboost

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hi guys,

I was wondering how much the VT HSV GTS hydratrak 3.45:1 ratio lsd diffs go for these days new and second hand and how much they would cost to rebuild (if even possible). I'm looking at using this diff along with the suspension components for a project car but would like to get an idea of how much things would cost before I take the plunge and commit.

Cheers

Last edited:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
you can get them cheap, but they arent the best units... they break and stop functioning properly when given a hiding

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
hhmmm stay away from HYDRACRAP

boostboost

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Too late to stay away. I've already got it. I paid $1500 for the entire front and rear subframe.
Please don't tell me I got ripped off.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
they are an ok diff for a while but they are expensive to rebuild and they do break when given a hard time... your better off buying a KAAZ 2 way LSD off ebay for $1400.. they are so so sooo good, i have one in my ute and i would recommend it to anyone who wants an LSD...

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
+1 for the kaaz my car made 560 rwhp on nos and the kaaz handled it very well also another great option is the TRU-TRAC i currentlly have one being built , time will tell

boostboost

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Thanks for the info guys. I should have came on here before I spent my hard earned cash.
I had a change of mind in my project build and may not required the diff. and everything else on the subframe.
What's the best price I can expect if I sell these parts off? Would I be able to get my money back?

Cheers.

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
they are an ok diff for a while but they are expensive to rebuild and they do break when given a hard time... your better off buying a KAAZ 2 way LSD off ebay for $1400.. they are so so sooo good, i have one in my ute and i would recommend it to anyone who wants an LSD...
thankyou for the advice now i no where to go... now to save.
Thanks for the info guys. I should have came on here before I spent my hard earned cash.
I had a change of mind in my project build and may not required the diff. and everything else on the subframe.
What's the best price I can expect if I sell these parts off? Would I be able to get my money back?

Cheers.
most of the times you cannot really make much when selling parts, you usually lose money (well i do)

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Hmmm,

I've got the Hydrotrak in my Senator....
If I load it up before take off, it will turn both tyres, but general driving, they single spin alot!!
If you want to get rid of it, let me know, sounds like I may need a spare :-(

I've also heard that the Drive Shafts (AXLES) are different from the standard lsd diff's...
I may be wrong, but it's just what I heard when enquiring about a replacement....

So for me, I was told that to replace the Hydrotrak with a rebuilt LSD, I would also be up for axles :-(

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Hmmm,

I've got the Hydrotrak in my Senator....
If I load it up before take off, it will turn both tyres, but general driving, they single spin alot!!
If you want to get rid of it, let me know, sounds like I may need a spare :-(

I've also heard that the Drive Shafts (AXLES) are different from the standard lsd diff's...
I may be wrong, but it's just what I heard when enquiring about a replacement....

So for me, I was told that to replace the Hydrotrak with a rebuilt LSD, I would also be up for axles :-(

I run a VT hydratak in my VS and the axles bolt up fine the only thing they changed was the diff/tailshaft end from a 4bolt to a 3bolt and rubber donut.