Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt idle drops after warmed up

Justbadger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais v6
New iac. I've never touched factory set screw or tension of the cable. Any ideas

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
have you given it a chance to learn the idle
from memory there were different iac for different configurations
is this a genuine holden part or repco one part fits all

Justbadger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais v6
have you given it a chance to learn the idle
from memory there were different iac for different configurations
is this a genuine holden part or repco one part fits all
It's a GOSS branded part probably a leak somewhere.. been doing it for a while now..

knos

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spac Sii
It's a GOSS branded part probably a leak somewhere.. been doing it for a while now..
dooing it since the iac replacement or before? if after, id check the oring that comes with it , last one i got seemed smaller then the one i took out so could be that not sealing?
if its been prior it could be any of the hoses on the throttle body or plenum..

Justbadger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais v6
dooing it since the iac replacement or before? if after, id check the oring that comes with it , last one i got seemed smaller then the one i took out so could be that not sealing?
if its been prior it could be any of the hoses on the throttle body or plenum..
Cheers for the info.. it was doing it before. Changing the iac now it still shitty after warm-up. But once warm the start up goes to like 2k revs then drops to almost stall but catches with another light rev to 7 hundred where it stays. I'm going through the hoses now and they seem fine could it be o2 sensors I'm bout to rip them out for a clean

knos

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spac Sii
Cheers for the info.. it was doing it before. Changing the iac now it still shitty after warm-up. But once warm the start up goes to like 2k revs then drops to almost stall but catches with another light rev to 7 hundred where it stays. I'm going through the hoses now and they seem fine could it be o2 sensors I'm bout to rip them out for a clean
i wouldnt think so.. maybe a dodgy tps... have you cleaned your throttle body or plenum..? sometimes there is cracks inthe vachoses and under heat they open as they are hard to see by eye.
also could be a crack in the intake boot.

Justbadger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais v6
i wouldnt think so.. maybe a dodgy tps... have you cleaned your throttle body or plenum..? sometimes there is cracks inthe vachoses and under heat they open as they are hard to see by eye.
also could be a crack in the intake boot.
Took tps off n it has play n depending on where u screw it up depends on the revs lol.. gunna get a new one cause when u put it full clockwise n lock it up idle sitting at 2k n wants to drive itself.. leave it to the left more n it idles low..

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Took tps off n it has play n depending on where u screw it up depends on the revs lol.. gunna get a new one cause when u put it full clockwise n lock it up idle sitting at 2k n wants to drive itself.. leave it to the left more n it idles low..
Do you have the plastic adaptor?