Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt idle drops after warmed up

Justbadger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais v6
As in the tps itself is plastic n the screw holes have play in them
Messed with it yesterday n this morning was holding revs at 1900 going 30k without accelerating had to get it just right but now low idle again.. had to go to work so that was 5 this morning I'm going to get a scan tool n check codes n such after getting new tps

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
factory tps has round mounting holes and no adjustment
lex is asking about the little adaptor piece that goes on the butterfly shaft and is often missed

Reactions: Lex

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
1624527807675.png

Justbadger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais v6
Slapped myself In the head... ya reckon the rear driver side extractor bolt being somehow missing might have something to do with it derp

Justbadger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais v6
Slapped myself In the head... ya reckon the rear driver side extractor bolt being somehow missing might have something to do with it derp
Done the extractors n new gaskets a while back n I done them up to NM torque specifications.. should done another quarter turn... Im guessing

Justbadger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais v6
Kept at it and the fuel reg was brown in spots on the gauze n had a deformity in a small part of the edge.. changed it n heaps better on way to work then on way home in bit of traffic. The fluctuations began again.. after a small run on the m4 evening time. It was OK till start stop driving again... I'm plugging in my aldl cable just received tomorrow see if it's fault codes from messing with my injectors... or could that bit that's busted in the reg of ended up in my fuel rail. Thus causing slight blockages... hopefully will know another more tomorrow rawr thanks

Justbadger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais v6
Cap it off also.. all the rev issues were timing related fixed with new timing chain set (crow cams ) also with the variable speed steering rack messed up made the pressure flowing not only dangerous but was affecting my idle speed after running for short time... if u have a calais steering rack n randomly run into rev issues check variable speed wires may be broken n not functioning caused me so much headache

Justbadger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais v6
Cap it off also.. all the rev issues were timing related fixed with new timing chain set (crow cams ) also with the variable speed steering rack messed up made the pressure flowing not only dangerous but was affecting my idle speed after running for short time... if u have a calais steering rack n randomly run into rev issues check variable speed wires may be broken n not functioning caused me so much headache
And I believe the running of car while it wasn't working is what fooked my timing stretched