Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT II fan regulator replacement

arj127

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
I have had my VT for about 9 years now and the fan started giving problems maybe 7 years ago. It has taken me this long to have a look at it :embarrass
After reading some posts on its whereabouts it was said to be under the wiper cover, alas it is not (oh well, needed a good clean out anyway).
Then i read it is placed some where behind the glove box. Removed that, still cant find.

Can anyone please tell me exactly where i can find it as i am over the fan only working on full speed. Ebay have some regulators for about $35 at the mo.

Another post i read mentioned the dont have a regulator as they are incorporated in the climate control panel.

I dont know. Please help

I was pretty motivated today, fixed a few things

loose door retainer on drivers door
new upper radiator hose, as original hose always leant on the power steer pump resivour and was wearing through
replaced about six bulbs, two in climate control panel and four in dash, noticed all bulbs with the colour cover thingies were the blown ones
tightened all bolts on intake manifold, may need to fit new gaskets, see how we go
Chasing up a LSD, sick of the single spinner

arj127

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Would this happen to be the reg here??????

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 846

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Berlinas (climate control) don't have fan speed resistors, they have what is called Ventilation Motor Control but I don't have a clue where that is. My manual doesn't say where it is.

arj127

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Ok. thanx for the info accentstencil, i'm off to Holden tommorow for some bits so will ask about the fan problem.

arj127

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Berlinas (climate control) don't have fan speed resistors, they have what is called Ventilation Motor Control but I don't have a clue where that is. My manual doesn't say where it is.

I wonder if its this thing here thats behind the glove box??

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 892

arj127

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Yip, that was the reg all right.
Ended up buying a new one (couldn't get second hand) from a retailer. $190 NZ, about $60 cheaper than buying one from Holden dealer.
It is so nice to have a quite fan again and not be blown away buy it being on full bore all the time.
Even got back lighting agai on the digital readout heater panel. Yay

LSD is next.