Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT] Incredible trouble removing bolts Accelerator mechanism.

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey,

Im trying to fit VY SS pedals to my car but first need to remove the entire accelerator mechanism and will swap it over with the other one that I purhcased.. only problem is the bolts are an ABSOLUTE C*** to get off, how did any of you go about this? Any chance they are reverse thread cus ill be damned if i can get them off normally!!

75913d1261205177-how-fit-vy-ss-pedals-accl-rem-1.jpg

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I took these off last week, i used a rattle gun so i had no problems normal RH thread lefty loosey, they are saftey nuts and are eccentric and are tight all the way to the end however. What are you using to undo them?

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah might have to go borrow a rattle gun then, although it is very cramped in there how on earth did it fit!! Was just using a good old spanner kept slipping cus so tight, ried socket set but couldnt really use cus of the lack of space :/

vnathanx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
did mine a couple of weeks ago. i used a ratchet with all different types of extensions and universal pieces for each nut as there all in awkward places. try and get deep sockets as they will fit right over the stud. just find the best setup with your extensions and such. it takes time but it'll do lol.