Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - Installing a DVD HU + Screen

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
Hey all,

Just a quick question, I have bought a JVC DVD HU (1 Din) and a JVC 7in Screen (also 1 din) how should I run the power to my screen? I can wire up the DVD HU in my sleep but I have never wired up a screen before.

Should i run a seperate +12 power from the battery or can i just tap the existing +12 power that runs to the HU? Also I have bought an amp, can i use the existing remote line to act as the remote wire to activate both the Screen and the amp?

If i have to run a seperate power from the battery for the screen, what guage wire should I use? what size fuse should I use?

I know I have the skills required to install this thing, I just need some more information so I dont torch my auto electrics by drawing too much current or not protecting it enough by putting in appropriate fuses.

Also any tips on a good place to punch thru the firewall for when I run the power for the new amp?

thanks guys!

F

fulllysickVEonitnut

The power that feeds the H\u should be plenty to supply the screen but to be on the safe side you can go back to a biger sorce of power like the fuse pack under the steering wheel.

As in the size of the wire same as whats on the sreen will work and fuse no more then 15 amps try to stick to the same as what is on the screen.

The remote line should be only used as an amp turn ON only they usely have an 500ma output on them power the screen of acc and constent power

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
can i just tap the acc line that supplies the HU? and what colour is the wire in the fuse pack that I will be tapping for the DVD HU?

"As in the size of the wire same as whats on the sreen will work and fuse no more then 15 amps try to stick to the same as what is on the screen."

i'm not sure what you mean by that, it doesnt make sense to me (or maybe its just too early in the morning...)