Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Instrument Cluster

Naccas

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can you swap an instrument cluster from a V8 into a V6 (and vice versa)?
The dash is from a series I VT and will be going into a series I VT.

Cheers,
Naccas.

P

Phil

I think they are both the same intrument cluster. I have owned a series I vt 5ltr V8 and use to drive a vt aclaim for work.. I am sure they are the same.. the only difference I could think of that might impact would be the redline limit on the V8 cluster.. it started at 5,500 rpm..

Are you replacing a broken one with the V8 one?..

Phil

Naccas

Reaction score
Mine is a V6, and I was seeing if I could replace it with one from a V8.

I wasn't sure if there was a switch on the back or similar to compensate for the tacho between the V6 and V8. I thought there was for earlier model Commodores.

Cheers,
Naccas

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
The only switch that some older commodores had (on trip computer dashes) was the option of 60/80 L tank, for the working out of 'fuel remaining on the trip computer.'

Putting a VT 3 window V6 trip computer dash into a V8 will give strange readings also like '1200 km left' for fuel remaining and the rev guage will be out all the time.
The speedo may be as well, i think on the VXs and VYs they even changed the looms on the back of the speedo unit so that they cannot be interchanged with any units except their original ones.

Naccas

Reaction score
Thanks for the help MaNiac_VP and Phil.

Much appreciated, has saved me a bunch of money.