Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt interior and exterior help...

davesgreenvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
hey all,

I have a 2000 VT and just needed a bit of help with a few questions on being answered and couldn't find what I was looking for, so here it goes...

1. How do you take off the gearstick surround so I can put a wood grain bit around it? I can take off my bit with the electric windows and everything, but when I get down to the (PRND321) I cant work out how to unclip that and take that off?

2. How do you take off the stock door handles, gearstick button and handbrake button to replace them with chrome?

3. How do you make it so you have the garnish brake/parker lights on the boot lid above the reverse light? like looms and how to install?

4. How to install a bolt on catback exhaust? Where are the bolts and all that?

5. My car also runs a bit rough at traffic lights it sits at about 600rpm, so what do you think the problem could be and what would a ballpark figure be on getting it fixed?

I'm not a car wiz, but I know some stuff. So please no stupid answers, but answers straight to the point would be great! :)

Thanks in advance..

Sphector89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 Vx Berlina
Handbrake button: It just unscrews but can be difficult to loosen
Gearstick button: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-install-chrome-shifter-button-your-vt-vx.4499
Door handles: I believe you just remove the door trim OR undo the screw behind the door handle and it might pop off (theres a round cutout that you have to pry out with a screwdriver and the screw is behind it)
Exhaust: Bolt on says it all. jack your car up and put it on stands NOT the jack(dangerous) and just follow the exhaust and undo whatever is holding it on. it hangs on rubber boot thingos that come off with a screw driver then it bolts on where the extarctors become one pipe. 2 long bolts with springs on it, undo them. make sure you have someone help you because its quite heavy. simply take it out then put your new one back in and remember to torque the bolts :D
dunno about the rough idle sorry, hope that helps :) and welcome to the forum

davesgreenvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Thanks mate! That'll be heaps of help, I'll let you know how I go soon!