Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt interior into a vn

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
i have found a vt clubsport interior and are looking at buying it....only if i can get it to fit without too much f*cking round. i have heard that the front seats will fit in by bolting the vt seats to my vn rails but as far as that i am confused with the back seat. will it need to be cut to fit in the vn's bodyshape or are they basically the same? how much of what i've said is true false any help would be great guys....

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Spot on with the front seats mate...

Rear seat fits in, its just the mounting points are different I believe. So you wont need to cut the seat, just set it in their with your own brackets etc. (From what I have been told and read atleast!)

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
do you reckon it would be possible to put a vt dash and console into a vn?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesy said:
do you reckon it would be possible to put a vt dash and console into a vn?

Nah. Dash wouldnt fit. With modification perhaps but it wraps around alot in the VT to the doors and obviously the door trims cannot be swapped over from VT to VN.

I dont like our VT interior anyway. I feel cramped while driving or sitting in the front. VN feels more roomy.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Anything is possible when it comes to what you want to do to the interior. It all depends on how much money your willing to spend, and how much stuff arsing around your prepared to do.

I've seen an FC Ute with a full (And I mean FULL!!) VR/VS interior. The had the whole lot from the front seats forward. Most unreal things I've seen in a long time.

That being said, I guess getting a VT interior into your VN is most certainly possible! If your up to the challenge that is! :p

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
I've seen people have major problems fitting the vr/vs dash to vn's so if your talking about putting a vt dash in i would not bother.the mounting points for each piece or just the back mounts. the bottom part of the rear seat would be a prick to make mounts 4 but the top half would be easy. has anyone seen a vt interior in a vn?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNV6VENGEANCE said:
I've seen people have major problems fitting the vr/vs dash to vn's so if your talking about putting a vt dash in i would not bother.the mounting points for each piece or just the back mounts. the bottom part of the rear seat would be a prick to make mounts 4 but the top half would be easy. has anyone seen a vt interior in a vn?

The VT dash is wider and thicker than the VN dash. So there are alot of problems to overcome before it will even fit. As said, how can you complete the dash as it wraps around to the door trims, but the VT door trims will not fit on the VN doors. The VT dash is too wide and would need to be shaved to some point to fit in. Its also a different shape and the way it sits around the windscreen etc. would be interesting to see... It'd be easier to just buy a VT :p

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
why not just get a set of vq seats. they are great. thats what i put in my car..

guss

Reaction score
Website
users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
VN Calais
why not buy a VT if your going to go to that trouble, guy at work just sold his series 2 VT with 120000k's for $6500. Anyway like "vn2nv" said VNinterior is alot more roomy than a VT