Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Interior Question

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
My series 1 VT seats have had the material stretched (I have also seen many others like this too), but the material is still in good condition . My question is can the seats have the material pulled tight back into position or am I up for a full re trim?

Thanks. :)

HsvPlayBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Hsv 185i
Gday Mate u will have ta do a retrim if u wanna have the seat looking good again $120 for each seat is average price Cheers!
Mate

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
I have the same probelm, happened after I got the Jet ski and had to get in the car a little wet all the time. I'm lead to beleive that it requires a retrim. I would put seat covers on but I have side air bags, and can't use normal seat covers. The wetness from Jet skiing also cause problems with air bag sensors in the seats but thats another problem.

Jezz

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
Thanks guys. I am not in a hurry so I may just put seat covers on for the time being, however most of the seat covers I have found are all poxy looking :bang:

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
It depends where you mean... Do you have any pictures? My drivers and passanger seats are a bit warn on the side. If its on the side of the seat (as in the bit that kind of sticks up... Hard to explain, hopefully you get that i mean) but if its that part then you dont have to get the full seat retrimed, just that part... Ok.. maybe that made no sense, but i hope it was SOME help

HsvPlayBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Hsv 185i
Gday if you put seat covers on be sure not to slide your bum in the seat as it catch's on your back and wears the seat out even faster and also My mate has a vt ss he didnt tie the seat covers on very tight and that killed the seat so Seatcovers MUST BE TIGHT Cheers man