Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Internal Dome light

johnmic

Reaction score
Gday all, Ive recently lost my internal dome light , Ive recently changed the BCM and Computer due to other problems that with the replacement have been fixed.. the bcm and computer Ive replaced is from a series 1 and the one that was in the car previous was a series 2.. does anyone know how to get the lights working without replacing the bcm .. can the internal dome lights fixed to not go throught the bcm.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Have you tried putting a new bulb in it???

M

mwb235

Gday all, Ive recently lost my internal dome light , Ive recently changed the BCM and Computer due to other problems that with the replacement have been fixed.. the bcm and computer Ive replaced is from a series 1 and the one that was in the car previous was a series 2.. does anyone know how to get the lights working without replacing the bcm .. can the internal dome lights fixed to not go throught the bcm.

I don't know what wiring you'd need to modify to get it to work. IMO you'd be better off fitting another series 2 BCM it'd be easier!

BUT if you do want to use the series 1 BCM and modify the wiring, i've attached some VT series 1 wiring diagrams that might help you (dome lamp/low series BCM/high series BCM). Please note these cover series 1 only and NOT series 2 - sorry but i don't have any series 2 digrams. The attachments are probably too small to read here (this forum limits attachment file sizes etc) if so PM me your email address and i'll send them to you.

My guess is your problem is the series 2 BCM has a timed delay for the dome lamps (and therefore different circuitry) whereas the series 1 BCM does not - but i'm not 100% sure.

I do know that when replacing a BCM, the replacement has to have the same three-digit code as the original for everything to work properly, as the internal circuitry is slightly different in each BCM. In case it helps i've attached a list of the BCM codes for VT/VX/VY.

(For those that might find it useful: There is one exception i know of - you can upgrade a VT series 1 Calais "685" BCM to a VT series 2 Calais / WH series 1 Statesman "312" BCM (both "HI" series). I did this to my VT series 1 Calais as i wanted the remote-operated deadlocking and time-delay interior dome lamp. Other than swapping the BCM, no other mods required except getting new keyheads and the PCM linked to BCM with Tech2. But i don't know if you could do this with lower-spec BCM's.)

Attachments

• VT VX VY V2 WH WK BCM types.jpg
    VT VX VY V2 WH WK BCM types.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,578
  • VT Commodore dome lamp info jpg (resized).jpg
    VT Commodore dome lamp info jpg (resized).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 2,991
  • VT Commodore LOW SERIES BCM jpg (resized).jpg
    VT Commodore LOW SERIES BCM jpg (resized).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 2,591
  • VT Commodore HIGH SERIES BCM jpg (resized).jpg
    VT Commodore HIGH SERIES BCM jpg (resized).jpg